Summer is almost here and this is the time people slow down some and take a break. This is also the PERFECT time for you to focus on growing your coaching business.
The big question is HOW? There are many ways to grow your business but they all boil down to CONNECTIONS. Connecting with your potential clients is vital and one of the best ways is through blogging. It allows you to show your personality, share ideas and just connect in real life ways (kids, life dreams, products that you love). Here are seven keys to blogging.
1. Plan – Plan your blogging calendar. While it is great to do spur of the moment posts, having a plan for at least 3 months out will set you up for success. Identify key dates and how they can relate to your business or brand. This will help keep you focused and disciplined!
2. Edit and re-edit! – You always want to make sure that what you are writing is worthy of going viral. As more and more people are online and on social media things that go viral go quickly and you need to make sure that it is WHAT you want to say and that you won’t regret it.
3. Blogs don’t make you money, monetizing your blog will! - Some people want to blog to share ideas and nothing more and that’s great. But if you have an interest in making money then you need to monetize it. This can be done by: One, placing ads related to the content on your blog. Two, if you refer to a specific product use an affiliate link. Three, if the product is on Amazon set up a page where you can earn commissions. Fourth, don’t be shy to talk about your own product or service, just make sure it’s not over indulgent.
4. Get subscribers- Offer a freebie in exchange for their email. This way you can build your list, build rapport, and gain trust with your potential clients.
5. CYA- Make sure you have a copyright on the bottom of each page and a statement that your material cannot be shared without the link from the blog.
6. Engage – Engage with your readers, share ideas, respond to their comments. People want to know that they are connecting with a real person.
7. Relax and Repeat – Take a break from writing and then get back at it. Consistency pays off in blogging.
Michelle is a Board Certified Wellness, Life, and Business Coach through the Center for Credentialing and Education and a Holistic Health Coach with a Master’s degrees in Education. She received her professional training through the Institute for Life Coach Training (ILCT) and the Institute for Integrative Nutrition (IIN). She is also a certified Wellness Inventory® facilitator, PeopleMap™ trainer, Texas Certified Health Teacher and an expert in online course development.